Back Pain Treatment at Crosstown Clinic of Chiropractic
If your back pain makes even the most mundane activities seem strenuous, professional chiropractic care can work naturally to relieve the source of your pain or discomfort. People often opt for pain-relievers to help with their back injuries. However, this can only alleviate symptoms instead of treating the pain at its source. That’s why our team at Crosstown Clinic of Chiropractic in Ham Lake is committed to providing effective relief from whatever back pain you may be experiencing.
What Is Back Pain?
Back pain is discomfort that affects the vertebrae bones, muscles, and joints in and around the spine. Back pain can range from dull, burning to a chronic, stabbing sensation. Sometimes, back pain can radiate to the arms and legs, especially when twisting, bending, or walking. While certain back pain may seem minor, this can be a sign of an underlying condition that can worsen if left undiagnosed. That’s why it’s essential to visit our Ham Lake clinic to understand the cause of your back pain for proper treatment.
Common Causes of Back Pain
Most people will experience back pain at some point in their life. This is because there are ubiquitous opportunities to injury or strain your back in daily life. Common triggers of back pain include:
- Herniated disc: When discs that act as cushions for your back muscles rupture or bulge, they can press on the spinal nerves, triggering lower back pain.
- Trauma: Auto injuries, whiplash, falls, and slips may cause damage to the back muscles and bones, triggering pain. If you have recently suffered trauma, it’s vital to see our chiropractor for back pain treatment.
- Muscle strain: If your occupation involves sitting for long periods or heavy lifting and twisting, you may likely suffer back pain due to stress on your back muscles and ligaments.
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis causes the wearing down of bone cartilages, causing joint stiffness and pain. Sometimes, arthritis can narrow the vertebrae column (spinal stenosis), pressing on the spinal nerves.
Other triggers for back pain often include pregnancy, poor posture, and strenuous activities.
Risk Factors for Back Pain
While anyone can suffer from back pain, specific factors can increase a person’s risk of experiencing back pain, including:
- Age: Back pain is likely to affect people 40 years and older.
- Weight: Excess weight can press on the spinal nerves, triggering pain.
- Diseases: Conditions that affect joints and tendons can trigger back pain.
- Smoking: Since smoking triggers frequent coughing, this can lead to a herniated disc, causing back pain.
How Our Chiropractor Treat Back Pain
At our Ham Lake clinic, we use chiropractic treatment as a natural method for relieving pain. One of the most common chiropractic techniques we use is spinal adjustment therapy. This treatment realigns your spinal joints and muscles, alleviating nerve pressure. Additionally, our chiropractor uses corrective exercises to strengthen your back muscles, preventing future injuries. We will use a combination of techniques for a customized treatment plan unique to your needs.
Visit Us for Back Pain Treatment in Ham Lake, MN
After a thorough assessment of your condition, our professional staff will lay out an effective treatment plan to relieve your pain and prevent it from reoccurring. At Crosstown Clinic of Chiropractic, our team is committed to providing patients the care they need to live pain-free. If you are suffering from acute or chronic back pain in Ham Lake or surrounding areas, our chiropractor is ready to help. Contact us today to schedule your first consultation.