Since we rely on our shoulders for many tasks throughout the day like carrying bags or reaching for an item, this can be difficult if you have pain. Our team at Crosstown Chiropractic in Ham Lake, MN, can provide chiropractic care that will alleviate your discomfort and help you live pain-free. Keep reading to find out what causes shoulder pain and why treatment is necessary below:
What Causes Shoulder Pain?
We use our shoulders daily, which means an injury can occur at any time. Typically, these injuries fall into one of the following categories:
- Sports injury: Contact sports can cause a shoulder sports injury, due to repetitive motion, such as when swinging a bat, golf club, or tennis club
- Car accident injury: Shoulder injuries are common in car accidents and are typically caused by the seatbelt trying to keep you in place
- Work injury: Heavy lifting, trying to catch falling objects, and repetitive use at work can cause a shoulder injury
- Personal injury: A slip or fall at home or when lifting heavy boxes can result in an injury
Chiropractic Care for Shoulder Pain
Whether your injury occurred from a contact sport or an auto accident, it is important to seek treatment promptly to avoid further damage and need invasive care.
Chiropractic care can reduce your pain and help the body heal naturally. Our chiropractors focus on identifying the underlying cause of your pain and providing treatment. In order to determine the cause, we utilize the following:
- Adjustments: In addition to using adjustments for back pain, these can be performed on the shoulder as well for proper alignment
- Soft tissue techniques: Chiropractic massage and soft tissue therapies can be utilized to relieve tension, inflammation, strains, and sprains
- Therapeutic exercises: Targeted movements are tailored to your condition and can help stretch and strengthen the affected region of the shoulders. This technique also helps with healing and pevents injury that could happen in the future
Our chiropractors combine these methods to help you find relief from shoulder pain and reduce recovery time.
Contact us for Shoulder Pain Treatment Today
If you are being affected by shoulder pain, Crosstown Chiropractic in Ham Lake, MN, can provide treatment that can alleviate discomfort. Call us at (763) 434-5714 to learn about the benefits of chiropractic care and to schedule your appointment with our team today. We want to help you achieve long-lasting results!