If you experience headaches or migraines, the discomfort can interrupt your daily life and make it difficult to complete certain tasks. At Crosstown Chiropractic in Ham Lake, MN, we provide various treatments to relieve your discomfort and improve your well-being. Before visiting us, learn about some causes of headaches and migraines below:
What Causes Headaches and Migraines?
Before receiving treatment, it is important to determine what is causing your headaches and migraines. Our chiropractors will ask you questions about your diet and lifestyle to identify the root cause of your discomfort. Some factors that can contribute to headaches and migraines include:
- Food Additives: Monosodium glutamate, also known as MSG, aspartame, and preservatives can increase the chances of a migraine, especially if your diet includes a large amount of these additives.
- Odors: Excessive exposure to strong odors can lead to a headache or migraine.
- Medications: Vasodilators, oral contraceptives, and other medications can cause headaches and migraines.
- Weather: When the barometric pressure rises or drops suddenly, a migraine can occur.
- Physical Exertion: Overworking your body with exercise or other activities can result in discomfort in your scalp or neck.
- Stress: Stress can lead to tension headaches or migraines. Not only that, but it can also often make them worse.
- Sleep Changes: Oversleeping can lead to a sore head, as can trying to get through your day if you are sleep deprived.
- Alcohol and Caffeine: Coffee, soft drinks, wine, beer, and spirits can all increase the chances of a headache or migraine.
- Hormonal Changes: Women may have headaches at the start of menopause, throughout pregnancy, and during menstrual periods.
Treatment for Headaches and Migraines
Chiropractic care can be highly beneficial for headaches and migraines. When you visit us, we will speak with you about your symptoms and may even perform a physical evaluation to learn more about your condition. Then, we can develop a treatment plan for your specific needs. One technique we will use is a chiropractic adjustment, which can lower stress, restore spinal alignment, and alleviate pinched nerves. As a result, you will experience a reduction in the frequency and intensity of headaches.
Contact us for an Appointment Today
If headaches are affecting your day-to-day activities, let our team at Crosstown Chiropractic in Ham Lake, MN, help. To learn more about our treatments or to schedule your first appointment, contact us at (763) 434-5714 today. When you’re seeking a chiropractor near me, we look forward to assisting you!