The back is one of the most important areas to maintain health. The upper back, in particular, can be prone to injury due to its close proximity to the neck and shoulders. Upper back pain can be caused by many reasons, including improper posture and poor ergonomics at work or home. At Crosstown Chiropractic in Ham Lake, MN, we provide chiropractic treatment for upper back pain.
Our chiropractor examines you to determine the underlying cause of your pain and recommends the most suitable solutions. Don't tolerate your pain any longer. Let us help you live a pain-free life.
What Is Upper Back Pain?
Upper back pain is a common problem that can be caused by many factors. The upper back includes the area from the base of the skull to the bottom of the ribcage. This region is responsible for the movement of the arms and shoulders, and also helps protect the vital organs in the chest cavity.
Upper back pain can be acute or chronic. Acute pain is usually the result of a specific injury due to trauma, such as falling on your back. Chronic upper back pain is often caused by repetitive activities that put stress on the muscles and/or joints in this region, or by poor posture while standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
The causes of upper back pain can vary, but some of the most common include:
- Poor posture – slouching or rounding the back while standing or sitting can put excessive stress on the muscles and joints in the upper back, leading to pain.
- Hunchback posture – this is a type of poor posture where you are hunched over, with your head and shoulders pushed forward. This can also put stress on the muscles and joints in the upper back.
- Muscle strain – often due to repetitive activities or strenuous exercise, muscle strains can occur in the upper back and lead to pain.
- Arthritis – osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis can cause inflammation and pain in the upper back.
- Injury – a direct hit on the upper back can cause muscle strains or bone fractures, or damage the nerves in this area, resulting in pain.
- Lifting improperly – incorrect posture when lifting can cause muscle strains and other injuries in this area.
Chiropractic Care for Upper Back Pain
At Crosstown Chiropractic, we provide advanced chiropractic treatment for upper back pain. The team at our clinic is highly trained and experienced in providing expert care for upper back pain. Our treatments include:
- Chiropractic adjustment or manipulation – this helps to reduce any misalignment and restore optimal movement and function to the spine.
- Massage therapy – this can help to loosen tight muscles and improve blood circulation, which can help reduce pain and inflammation.
- Exercises and stretches – our chiropractor may prescribe specific exercises and stretches to help relieve pain and strengthen the muscles in the upper back.
Visit Crosstown Chiropractic in Ham Lake, MN, for Upper Back Pain Treatment
If you are experiencing upper back pain, don't suffer in silence. Contact Crosstown Chiropractic in Ham Lake, MN, today to schedule a consultation and find out how we can help you get relief from your pain. Call (763) 434-5714 to book an appointment with our chiropractor.