A tension headache, which is often called a stress headache, is common and can cause a dull, aching pain on both sides of your head. At Crosstown Chiropractic in Ham Lake, MN, we provide various treatments to reduce the discomfort and improve your overall well-being. Prior to visiting us, learn about the causes of tension headaches below:
Understanding Tension Headaches
Tension headaches differ from migraines and cluster headaches and can feel as if there is pressure or a band around your head. Most tension headaches are mild to moderate in intensity, however, certain triggers can make your symptoms more severe. These headaches can also often be felt your forehead, temples, or neck. Along with that, they can lead to light senility, mild nausea, and the inability of concentrate.
Causes of Tension Headaches
Tension headaches can occur due to a variety of causes. Some of theses causes include the following:
- Poor posture
- Muscle tension in the neck and shoulders
- Sleep deprivation
- Poor nutrition
Chiropractic Treatments for Tension Headaches
When you visit us, we can help determine the root cause of your tension headaches and provide treatment that will ease your symptoms. Some treatments we utilize for tension headaches include:
- Spinal Manipulation – When your spine is readjusted, it can enhance nerve function and reduce muscle tension that may contribute to a tension headache.
- Soft Tissue Therapy – Complementary therapies, such as massage, can help reduce muscle tension, which may be the cause of your tension headache symptoms.
- Physiotherapy – Our chiropractors may teach your certain exercises to improve your strength, flexibility, and balance.
- Therapeutic Exercise and Stretching – Specific exercises and stretching can relax and strengthen your neck muscles and upper back muscles. As a result, you will feel relief from tension headaches.
- Posture and Ergonomic Guidance – We can provide lifestyle and posture guidance that can alleviate your headaches. In addition to activities like yoga and meditation, when your posture is improved and you practice proper ergonomics, it can reduce the frequency of headaches.
Contact us for an Appointment Today
If you are frequently experiencing tension headaches that negatively impact your life, our team at Crosstown Chiropractic in Ham Lake, MN, is happy to help. We will develop a customized treatment plan that will help eliminate your discomfort and improve your quality of life. To schedule your appointment, call us at (763) 434-5714 today.